Pastoral Care Worker
Our Pastoral Care Worker supports our school community in the following ways:
- Working closely and in partnership with leadership and other wellbeing staff in the school to provide pastoral care and practical support to students, families and staff as requested
- Providing pastoral care in a ‘first response’ capacity to critical incidents, referring to specialist support, and to provide ongoing presence and follow up
- Being well positioned to work across the whole school to ‘build a sense of’ community, harmony and cohesion
- Being trained and equipped to provide our school with a unique dimension of social, emotional and spiritual support in line with the DECD wellbeing framework
- Chaplaincy Services promote student wellbeing, engaging young people in activities that are preventative and which support early intervention and referral of mental health issues.
Pastoral Care Worker - McKay Ave Site
Bron is a married mum with two school aged children. She has an employment background in accounting, bookkeeping, counselling and mental health.
Her personal interests are sport and being active (playing netball and gym workouts), reading dystopian novels and dabbling in writing her own fiction. She also likes to paint and draw and has travelled recently and looks forward to more stamps in the passport in the future.
Bron's office is located in the Flexible Learning Centre and she is available onsite Mondays and Wednesdays. Students are invited to pop in and see Bron for a chat - she is looking forward to organising some lunchtime activities and would love to hear some ideas.
For the days Bron is not working on site, please contact the front office at McKay Ave on 8261 2733 to get a message to her. Alternatively you can contact another member of the Wellbeing Staff.